CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Merry-Go-Round

I remember way back when my mom would announce we were going to McDonald’s. I would get so excited and rush out to the car and play out in my mind what I would do once I got there. All I could think about was that Merry Go Round. I mean seriously, can you think of a better name for that ride? It really is a merry feeling going round and round in circles. What wasn’t there to love!?!


Just the word Merry-Go-Round sparks so many childhood memories. I also remember the scene in the movie Marry Poppins with the horse race and Merry-Go-Round. This puts a smile on my face. Who else love Marry Poppins? I know it's kind of a silly movie but I can't help myself.

What childhood memory do you have that puts a smile on your face?


5 comments:

  1. I love Mary Poppins too!

    I remember the ice cream truck coming around our neighborhood and how excited we would all get scrambling for change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) oh I love the ice cream man. Takes me back to simpler times. Good memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still sing "let's go fly a kite" quite often :)

    my favorite memory was the frog jumping contest at the annual town celebration. i still love frogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My folks would take us to Upstate New York to a petting zoo when we were small. I remember loving to feed the baby goats. Now my mother-in-law raises goats and I never give them a second thought.

    ReplyDelete