CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 20, 2010

"I See Dead People"

Okay 3 guesses to where this quote came from. I have not seen this movie in such a long long time. Have you guessed yet? Here is another hint, " You ever feel the prickly things on the back of your neck? And the tiny hairs on your arm, you know when they stand up? That's them. When they get mad...it gets cold."

The Sixth Sense

I know it's been a while for everyone since you've seen this movie. But if you know me then you know that this movie is just the right amount of creepy/scary that I can handle. Any scarier than this and I have nightmares for a month. I'm totally serious about that too!

Remember when The Grudge came out?




Look at this picture! Does this make anyone else wanna pee their pants?!!
This movie really freaked me out. I know there are a lot of die hard scary movie fans out there and I can tell you right now I am not one of them. I have no backbone when it comes to this stuff.

Let me tell you my experience after I watched this movie. I went to go see it, out of curiosity, with my dad. After we came home, I couldn't get to sleep. I didn't even want to walk the 10 steps down the dark hallway to the bathroom at night. I would hold it until I could see in front of me when I walked down that hallway. It took a few weeks. Yes I said weeks, to feel comfortable again. Just when I was starting to fall asleep, I saw out of the corner of my eye, my bedroom door slowly creak open. I didn't see anyone but all I heard was that terrible noise that girl made on the movie!!

My mom and dad thought it would be totally hilarious if they did that. Yeah it took weeks, yet again, to get that noise out of my head enough to fall asleep. Thanks mom and dad! You're awesome.

The End.

What movie did this to you? Are you just like me when it comes to this stuff? Please tell me you are. It's lonely over here, I need some friends. :-)





12 comments:

  1. The Ring was the last scary movie I watched. I watched it in the middle of the day in my basement. NOT A GOOD IDEA. For the next month I had the creepy dream where someone is standing at the end of your bed and you know if you don't wake up you're dead. Hate that dream.

    We are such wusses in my family that we don't even watch the commercials for scary movies because it gives us nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh- when i was a kid i LOVED scary movies. the scarier, the bloodier, the better! but now just watching GHOST HUNTERS on TV freaks me out! ACK! i don't know what happened to me - i think i got old or something.

    i even loved scary books - my favorite experience that still gives me chills down my spine was when I was reading Stephen King's PET CEMETARY. it was late at night, in the middle of the summer...i had just gotten to the part where the cat came back from the dead...it was all creepy and gross looking...(not to mention, i'm not a cat person anyway)... when, above the lovely sound of crickets chirping came the hissing and crying of stray cats fighting outside my window. that was the first time i had literally felt a "cold chill down my spine." and you can bet i screamed bloody murder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I can't think of a movie that did that to me, but when I was a teenager I read the book "And Then There Were None". Oh My Gosh, that night I dreamed that me and this other person were the last to on the island, and I knew that I wasn't the killer. Scared the holy crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These stories were awesome!! I actually laughed out loud reading these because I've been there! I feel your pain.

    Amie,

    I can't watch Ghost Hunters it does the same things to me too.

    Dazee,

    I can't remember the last book that did that to me but I loved your comment!

    Charity,

    I laughed so hard when I read your comment about watching trailers for scary movies in commercials. I totally know how that feels. I can't even see someone look like they are being tortured. Freaks me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you on this! The Sixth Sense is about as scary as I can handle. I can't even watch trailers for scary or horror movies.

    I saw The Ring in the theater. Big mistake.

    I watched Final Destination at a friend's (actually, he's my husband now!) birthday party in 8th grade, and I had nightmares for months. I still don't like thinking about that movie. Death chasing you? Okay, now I have goosebumps and hair standing on end and I'm freaked out all over again.

    With that said, I do love Halloween! It's a week and half after my birthday and I love the costumes and candy and decorations...just NOT the scary films!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love horror movies. They frighten me in the moment, but fortunately there are no lasting effects. I don't ever remember having nightmares or anything. The only scary story that stuck with me and frightened me after the fact wasn't a movie, it was a book. It was called Tailypo, and my second grade teacher read it to us. Second grade! And I'll tell you honestly, if I start thinking about that story, I'll get goosebumps to this day. That was one seriously scary story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura,

    I really don't like any of those final destination movies. I saw a commercial for the most recent one and couldn't get the image of one shot out of my head for a few days. Now it's back in there! ugh!

    NIKOL,

    Man you are so lucky! I wish images didn't have lasting affects on me like they do

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't watch scary stuff very often. The images stick in my head and make me nauseated. The Sixth Sense I can barely handle. I read a book called Skeleton Creek by Patrick Carmen - kid level scary, and that was just right for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another movie that did that for me was The Skeleton Key. It wasn't bloody scary just, wow this stuff exists in real life, scary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy snot, I did NOT need that picture at 2:30 in the morning!!

    I don't do scary movies. I was SO MAD at my sister for taking me to see The Grudge. She said it wasn't even going to be scary. Yeah. Right. I also was terrified of our big screen TV after The Ring. I had to walk from our bathroom down to my bedroom and pass it every night and it was not a happy thing.

    And now I'm going to spend the rest of tonight having nightmares about that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you believe me if I told you I have never seen this movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love scary movies (The Grudge is one of my favorites) but only if they revolve around ghosts. I'm not really into the nasty scary movies like the SAW movies.

    A friend came over one night to watch The Grudge with me. It was just us awake (my little one was asleep and the husband was at work). We were a little freaked out to say the least and didn't notice that he had gotten home. On his way up from the basement he accidentally stepped on our cat's tail. When the cat screamed so did my friend and I. I had to turn the movie off for a few minutes and pour lots of alcohol to start watching again. LOL!!!

    Thanks for visiting the blog. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete